Q: What is Neevia PDFcompress?
A: Neevia PDFcompress, as the name suggests, is an easy to use application that allows you to compress/optimize PDF files.
Q: How do I compress PDF files with Neevia PDFcompress?
A: That can be done directly by running the command line tool (CLcompr.exe), through the graphic interface application (PDFcompress.exe) or indirectly through your own application using the COM object or .NET assembly.
Q: What are the main Neevia PDFcompress features?
A: Below are listed the main PDFcompress features:
Q: Can I compress encrypted PDF files using the Neevia PDFcompress graphic interface tool?
- remove Bookmarks, Annotations, Forms, Page Labels, Layers, Article Threads;
- JBIG2 lossless and lossy compression support;
- JPEG2000 compression support;
- Object streams support;
- Linearization (Fast Web View) support;
- PDF encryption support (RC4/AES algorithms);
- Does NOT require any Adobe products;
A: Yes you can but you will be prompted for a password every time an encrypted file is encountered.
Q: What is PDF linearization?
A: PDF linearization is a way to optimize PDF files for more efficient viewing over the web. Pages are loaded faster and the user does not have to wait until the entire PDF file is uploaded by the browser.